Construction and Real Estate Law
The complexity of construction projects – large or small – requires expert legal advice to prevent or resolve problems that arise before, during, and after construction. Silver State Law's extensive construction practice helps clients confidently approach all phases of their construction ventures and resolve issues to minimize problems, expense and delays. We represent public and private owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers and suppliers at every phase of the construction process:
- Advising on land use, labor, general business, and contract issues
- Negotiating and drafting design and construction contracts and other construction documentation
- Litigating and resolving defect and claims disputes, either through trial or alternative dispute resolution
- Helping with project administration and management issues to control downtime and ensure that work disruption is avoided or kept to a minimum
- Assist in Licensing issues before the Nevada State Contractors Board including license limit increases, bidder preference on Public Works, disciplinary actions, fine negotiation, and pre-complaint resolution
- Assist in filing mechanic’s liens and as one avenue to getting paid for the work performed
Many law firms focus only on construction litigation or land use issues. Silver State Law is distinguished by our capability to handle all facets of a construction project, for any party involved.
Because of their complexity, even the best-planned construction projects can lead to litigation. Silver State Law lawyers work to proactively avoid or resolve disputes, and frequently use mediation and arbitration of claims involving cost, design error and project management.
All key players in the industry turn to us for representation:
- General contractors
- Material suppliers
We represent their interests in controversies involving bid protests and mistakes, cost disputes, design error, defective installation and contract disputes. These disputes typically involve multiple parties and are highly fact-intensive. We use our industry knowledge to resolve the problem in ways that minimize expense and time for our clients.
We believe that a lean team of one or two experienced litigators is better than an army of lawyers, and that belief gives our clients the attention they deserve without waste or bureaucracy. Our lawyers have successfully litigated numerous construction-related matters and cases in Nevada state courts.